By Maxime Lagace
Maxime is the founder and editor-in-chief of WisdomQuotes. He's been collecting citations since 2004. His goal? To help you develop a calm, peaceful and powerful mind. Learn more about him at hissideways.
Here are 100 of the most inspiring self-esteem quotes I could find. The goal? So that you believe in yourself even more. You'll discover beautiful words from Gandhi, Oprah, Thoreau, Emerson and many more. To enjoy!
Your self-esteem grows when you fight for something you love. Maxim Lagace
When you know your true worth, you don't need anyone to validate you. Alan Cohen
Your self-esteem is determined by you. You don't have to depend on anyone to say who you are. Beyonce Knowles
Be a good person, but don't waste your time proving it. Paulo Coelho
Asking for what you need is a demonstration of self-worth. Amanda Goetz
Your self-esteem comes only from you - never from the opinion of others. Robert Green
Don't waste a second of your time trying to convince other people that you're worth loving. atticus
I would rather be true to myself, even at the risk of attracting ridicule from others, than be wrong and incur my own hatred. Frederick Douglass
You cannot succeed and be loved by everyone. Choose wise. Maxim Lagace
Do your best. Jack Butcher
Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-worth, and self-worth. Oprah Winfrey
Strong people have strong self-esteem and self-confidence; You don't need the approval of others. Roy T Bennett
True abundance is not based on our net worth, but on our self-worth. Gabriela Bernstein
You are not what you made. You are what you always do. Jack Butcher
Nothing can happen to someone who doesn't care. naval ravikant
- 118 Self Esteem Quotes That Will Empower You
- 100 "Be Yourself" Quotes to Boost Your Courage and Confidence
- 100 Love Yourself Quotes to Honor the Beauty Within You
The best self esteem quotes
go to index
The only opinion I care about myself is my own, and the only time frame is now. naval ravikant
Self-esteem comes from one thing - thinking you're worth it. Wayne Dyer
Your self-esteem has nothing to do with your trade or calling, it's all about how you treat yourself. Kris Carr
All you can do about your own life is choose the best path you believe in. Ichiro Kishimi
Just as a mountain of rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise are not intimidated by criticism or praise. The Dhammapada
Few people have the wisdom to prefer criticism that would do them good to praise that deceives them. François de La Rochefoucauld
Those who don't try to look like more than they are, but simply to be themselves, stand out as outstanding and are the only ones who really make a difference in this world. Eckhart Tolle (a new land, Amazon book)
Trust yourself. At the root, at the core, there is pure reason, pure openness. Don't trust what you've been taught, what you think, what you believe, what you expect. Trust more deeply in the stillness of your being. Gangaji
A total acceptance of oneself brings a total transcendence of oneself. Adyashanti
Those who realize the Self are always happy. Once they find the source of joy and fulfillment, they no longer seek happiness in the outside world. Happiness can only be found within the Self. Bhagavad Gita
The most common form of despair is not being who you are. Soren Kierkegaard
Stable self-esteem comes from putting identity over image: worrying less about what others think of us and more about what we think of ourselves. Adam Grant
When you know your worth, no one can deceive you. Gary Goodridge (Those ones)
Our self-esteem is the single most important factor in the health, abundance, and joy we allow into our lives. Dan Millman
The less you care what they think, the more your self-esteem blossoms. Maxim Lagace
Recognize your own worth. You may feel unwanted and unworthy to some, but to others you are priceless. Mufti Menk
Trust yourself, teach yourself. Join yourself. Talk to yourself, insult yourself. Feel sorry for yourself. Work with yourself. Make art yourself. Get inspired, take long walks with yourself. See yourself, know yourself, don't look for someone else in this world. Kapil Gupta
You are not responsible for other people's opinions, feelings or perceptions of you. That's theirs, not yours. Shane's Parish
Focus on others and lose control. Focus on yourself and win. Maxim Lagace
Most people spend most of their lives not knowing who they are or what they want. Spend time with yourself. Thibaut
Being honest about who you are is a superpower. The more honest you are with yourself, the less anyone can hurt you. Matthew Kobach
dig in. There is the source of good: always dig, and it will always flow.Marco Aurel
Failing your way is better than failing someone else's way. Fyodor Dostoevsky
We cannot rise higher than our thinking about ourselves. Orison Swett Marden
Part 2. Self Esteem Quotes That…
The most famous self-esteem quotes (Roosevelt, Thoreau, Emerson, etc.)
go to index
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt
How we treat others reflects how we feel about ourselves. John C Maxwell
Self-value defines the standard that life meets. jewel
Our beliefs about what we are and what we can be determine exactly what we will be. Tony Robbins
When your self-esteem increases, your wealth also increases. Marcos Victor Hansen
What a person thinks of himself determines, or rather indicates, his fate. Henry David Thoreau
If you have an idea that you really think is a good one, don't let an idiot talk you out of it. Stan Lee (Marvel)
You cannot be alone if you like the person you are alone with. Wayne Dyer
Do you want more inner peace than 95% of people?
Try our new Chrome extension today!
Thousands of geniuses live and die undetected - by themselves or others. Mark Twain
How can a man know himself? Not thinking, but doing. Try to do your duty and you will immediately know how much you are worth. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Treat people as if they were what they should be and help them to become what they can be. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Make the most of it because it's all you've got.Ralph Waldo Emerson
When the battle starts within himself, a man is worth something. Robert Brauning
Those who respect themselves are safe from others; he wears mail that no one can pierce. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
They cannot take away our self-respect if we don't give it to them.Mahatma Gandhi
What you see and what you hear depends a lot on where you are. It also depends on what kind of person you are. CS Lewis
We only confess our small faults to convince people that we don't have big ones. François de La Rochefoucauld
Offer yourself to others, but give yourself. Michael de Montaigne
short self esteem quotes
go to index
One liners, short self esteem quotes, sayings, thoughts and captions for your biography, social status, self talk, motto, mantra, signs, posters, wallpapers and backgrounds.
Bet on yourself Antonius Pompliano
Make yourself a priority. Maxim Lagace
Be you or be commodified. Jack Butcher
I am not what was. I'm a Will Lauren Bacall
Knowing yourself makes life easier. Thibaut
Free yourself from other people's versions of you. Angelajiang
There's nothing to prove. Maxim Lagace
You are everything you tell yourself you are. Shane's Parish
How you spend your time defines who you are. Oprah Winfrey
You underestimate the power of your voice. Jack Butcher
Don't live to meet other people's expectations. Ichiro Kishimi
Be proud to wear them. dodinsky
Those who try to bring you down are already beneath you.Gal Shapira
Do you want to find your voice? Close all others. Brian Norgard
The less value you place on validation, the more you grow. @orangebook_
It's arrogant to think that the universe has singled you out for a special blessing or curse. Ed Latimore (edlatimore. com)
If they don't know you personally, don't take it personally. Gal Shapira
Be yourself everyday, this is the best role you will ever have. Thibaut
Inspirational quotes about self esteem
go to index
The one thing you can't see either: is yourself giving up. Brian Norgard
Prove you believe in yourself by investing in your dreams. Mel Robbin
Every woman who finally realized her worth proudly packed her bags and boarded a flight to freedom that landed in the Valley of Change. Shannon L Alder
Action is a path to self-confidence and appreciation.Bruce Lee
The path of least resistance will never make you proud. Tony Robbins
We all have different gifts, so we all have different ways of telling the world who we are. FredRogers
Be humble because you are made of shit. Be noble because you are made of stars. Serbian proverb
Drop the idea of becoming someone else because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You just have to get there, know it, realize it. osho
Accept and acknowledge your own brilliance. Stop waiting for others to tell you how amazing you are! Believe it yourself. Iyanla Vanzant
Your self-worth should not come from the opportunity you were born with, but from the things you achieve. You cannot be born big, you can only become big. Matthew Kobach
Whenever you doubt your worth, think of the lotus flower. Although it comes to life under the mud, it doesn't let the dirt that surrounds it interfere with its growth or beauty. Susie Kassem
Don't play the game. just do your own thing. Just do the right thing. Maxim Lagace
Your ideas are valuable. Your success is valuable. Your failure is valuable. Your process is valuable. Your experience is valuable. Jack Butcher
Every woman who finally realized her worth proudly packed her bags and boarded a flight to freedom that landed in the Valley of Change. Shannon L Alder
A star does not compete with other stars around it; it just shines. Matshona Dhliwayo
The best often feel like outsiders. It makes sense. Nothing good comes from conformity. Kamal Ravikant
Don't be in a hurry, it takes time to become who you are. Lalah Delia
If you had to pick just two qualities to get you through times of change, the first should be self-esteem and the second should be a sense of humor. JenniferJames
By nature, we are wise, kind, powerful, fearless and totally limitless. Byron Katie
It's not what they call you, it's how you respond. BATHROOM. Fields
- Would you like to feel more valuable? Fight for something you like.
- Once you have self-awareness and self-understanding, you no longer need external validation.
- Helping others can help you build self-esteem.
- A sign of wisdom: you stop trying to show others your worth.
- Remember, if you stay true to yourself, you will:
- not be loved by everyone
- Live a deep and meaningful life
- theme: happiness
- 81 happiness quotes that will brighten your day 😄
- 140 self-esteem quotes to improve the way you see yourself
- 10 tips to boost your self-esteem(au.reachout.com)
- 65 acceptance quotes to help you embrace life fully
- How to improve your mental health - 36 wellness tips
- Be happy: the 6 pillars of happiness you need to know
The 15 best photos
Self esteem quotes that are
This week's 5 trendiest quotes
- 130 Short Quotes That Will Inspire You (Fast)
- 100 Life Quotes That Will Inspire You (2023 Update)
- 100+ famous quotes of all time (updated 2023)
- 100 Profound Quotes to Make You Think (2023 Update)
- 170 silence quotes to make you feel grounded
Empowering Quotes for Self-Worth
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” “Self–worth is so vital to your happiness if you don't feel good about yourself, it's hard to feel good about anything else.”
“Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”What is a famous quote about low self-esteem? ›
“Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they're jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights.” “A coward talks to everyone but YOU.” “Accomplishments don't erase shame, hatred, cruelty, silence, ignorance, discrimination, low self-esteem or immorality.What is the best wisdom quote? ›
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” “It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.” “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”What are 5 positive quotes? ›
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” — ...
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” — ...
- “Don't settle for average. ...
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — ...
- “Don't bunt.
“Respect yourself and others will respect you.” “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” “If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.”What makes self-worth? ›
Self-worth is the internal sense of being good enough and worthy of love and belonging from others. Self-worth is often confused with self-esteem, which relies on external factors such as successes and achievements to define worth and can often be inconsistent leading to someone struggling with feeling worthy.What are deepest quotes? ›
- “Whoever is happy will make others happy too.” ~ Anne Frank.
- “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” ...
- “Motivation is what gets you started. ...
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” ...
- “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” ...
- “We are what we repeatedly do.
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
Four key characteristics of healthy self-esteem are: A firm understanding of one's skills. The ability to maintain healthy relationships with others as a result of having a healthy relationship with oneself. Realistic and appropriate personal expectations.
“Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.”What are the 5 words of wisdom? ›
- Pursue Passion More Than Profit. ...
- Hard Work Beats Talent. ...
- Excellence, Not Perfection. ...
- Big is Little and Little is Big. ...
- You Choose Your Spouse, Not Your Child.
- " The purpose of our lives is to be happy." — Dalai Lama.
- " Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." — John Lennon.
- " Get busy living or get busy dying." — Stephen King.
- " You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." — Mae West.
- " ...
- " ...
- " ...
To most Americans, the most important values are having a happy relationship, an honest and respectable life, and safety and security. Understanding your own values is a fundamental part of self-awareness and getting to know yourself as a human being.What is a positive quote for life? ›
"Lead from the heart, not the head." "Always find opportunities to make someone smile, and to offer random acts of kindness in everyday life." "You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness." "The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts."What is the greatest value of life? ›
The GREATEST value in life is NOT what you get…it's what you become.How to boost self-esteem? ›
- Recognise what you're good at. We're all good at something, whether it's cooking, singing, doing puzzles or being a friend. ...
- Build positive relationships. ...
- Be kind to yourself. ...
- Learn to be assertive. ...
- Start saying "no" ...
- Give yourself a challenge.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. ...
- Don't worry about others' opinions. ...
- Allow yourself to make mistakes. ...
- Remember your value doesn't lie in how your body looks. ...
- Don't be afraid to let go of toxic people. ...
- Process your fears. ...
- Trust yourself to make good decisions for yourself.
Positive self-esteem also means believing in your capability (to learn, achieve, and contribute to the world) and autonomy to do things on your own. 2 It means you think your ideas, feelings, and opinions have worth. Self-esteem isn't dependent entirely on one thing or set of thoughts.How do I stop feeling unworthy? ›
There are many reasons you may feel unworthy, but you can take steps to help improve your feelings of self-worth. Challenging negative thoughts, making a plan for handling your emotions, embracing your best in each day, and reaching out to others can all help you toward feeling self-validated.
- Recognize when failure is your fault — and when it's not. ...
- Learn from your mistakes — and don't repeat them. ...
- Focus on your new, real goal. ...
- Celebrate small wins. ...
- Find the right mentor for you.
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – ...
- “Surprise yourself everyday with your own courage.” – ...
- “Courage is only an accumulation of small steps.” – ...
- “I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today.” – ...
- “Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more.
- “Don't quit. ...
- “Strong people don't put others down… ...
- “Tough times never last but tough people do.” ...
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” ...
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” ...
- “Do not pray for easy lives. ...
- “Strength does not come from winning.
“A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.”What is a short inspiring quote? ›
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." "Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do."What is the best short quote? ›
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ...
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ...
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. ...
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” ...
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” ...
- “Limit your 'always' and your 'nevers'.”
Be conversational, yet avoid trite, filler language. Use phrasing that is memorable and helps create a picture in the reader's mind. Provide meaningful insights and perspectives in a quote that increase the value of the quote and the likelihood of its pick-up by media. Opinion is fine, but hype is counterproductive.What is the most inspiring quote ever? ›
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall” – Confucius.
- “Magic is believing in yourself. ...
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney.
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure…
Their findings show that people with high self-esteem generally have more success at school and work, better social relationships, improved mental and physical health, and less anti-social behavior. And, these benefits persist from adolescence to adulthood and into old age.What is a good sentence for self-esteem? ›
She has very low self-esteem. Jealousy within a relationship is usually symptomatic of low self-esteem in one of the partners. All the people in the study had low self-esteem and had issues with their bodies. Her recent success at work has been very good for her self-esteem.
- Appreciate themselves and other people.
- Enjoy growing as a person and finding fulfillment and meaning in their lives.
- Are able to dig deep within themselves and be creative.
- Make their own decisions and conform to what others tell them to be and do only when they agree.
- There are different kinds of self-esteem. ...
- The impact of specific self-esteem on global self-esteem varies. ...
- Our self-esteem fluctuates day to day and hour to hour. ...
- Higher self-esteem is not necessarily better. ...
- Self-esteem is unrelated to physical attractiveness.
- Become aware of thoughts and beliefs. Once you've learned which situations affect your self-esteem, notice your thoughts about them. ...
- Challenge negative thinking. ...
- Adjust your thoughts and beliefs. ...
- Spot troubling conditions or situations. ...
- Step back from your thoughts. ...
- Accept your thoughts.
“Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.” Those words were penned by Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield, in a letter to his son back in 1774.Whats hard is worth it quote? ›
Theodore Roosevelt - Quote - Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life – Endurance. In stock.What important now quotes? ›
When the infamous Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz was asked what the secret was to his tremendous success, he responded, “We WIN every day.” WIN was an acronym Holtz built his career upon which stood for, “What's Important Now?” Holtz encouraged his athletes to ask themselves this continually throughout each day.What are good short quotes? ›
- Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. - ...
- Life is a long lesson in humility. - ...
- In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - ...
- Love the life you live. ...
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. -
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.What are the 7 wisdom? ›
Wisdom's seven pillars, according to scripture, are: fear of the Lord, instruction, knowledge, understanding, discretion, counsel, and reproof.What are the 10 words of wisdom? ›
- You create your own opportunities. ...
- Never break your promises. ...
- You are never as stuck as you think you are. ...
- Happiness is a choice. ...
- Habits develop into character. ...
- Be happy with who you are. ...
- Don't seek happiness–create it. ...
- If you want to be happy, stop complaining.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” “This above all: to thine own self be true.” “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.”What is a good mindset quote? ›
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever. ...
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all. ...
- Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE. ...
- Success is not an accident, success is a choice.
- Connect to your values. This is the ultimate secret. ...
- Find your WHY. Figure out a compelling purpose. ...
- Change your WHY. ...
- Change your HOW. ...
- Remember the feeling. ...
- Shift to past, present or the future. ...
- Find a meaningful metaphor. ...
- Take action.
- “Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. ...
- “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” ...
- “Be the reason someone smiles. ...
- “Be mindful. ...
- “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. ...
- “Believe in yourself.
Quotes The Three most important things in life, the first one is your Dignity, the second is your - Quotes. Family Quotes, Dignity Quotes, Sacrifice Quotes, The Three most important things in life, the first one is your Dignity, the second is your heart, and the third is your family.