Bidding: In-person bidding is possible on this auction - you can also bid online on one of the many platforms that host our sales or telephone bids, and commission bids are also possible.
look; Viewing possible (see auction captions for date)
Please note - when you visit us, our kitchen remains closed to the public. It is recommended that customers bring their own refreshments where necessary.
storage; Please pay all invoices within 5 days after the auction. We cannot keep items for longer than this period. Any items opened after this period (where delivery, collection or dispatch has not been arranged) will be moved to external storage and charged at a rate of £5 per lot, per day. We are open to click and collect (see above) and our nationwide courier service is fully operational.
By bidding, you agree to the standard terms and conditions of sale as stated, and you are politely reminded that there are no warranties of conditions and that all items are sold 'as is', regardless of description, and that no warranties are offered for any item, or in one sale. Ample options are provided to search for status reports and view items (in person and virtually).
IMPORTANT NOTICE - due to the current climate, auction and viewing details are subject to change at very short notice. We strongly recommend that you check with us whether this information is correct before a long trip. The safety of our customers and employees is paramount.
Buyer's premium 19% (+VAT)
Lots purchased online from the-saleroom.com will incur an additional charge of 4.95% of the starting price plus VAT for this service.
We accept debit and credit cards online or over the phone. Online bidders, either live or via automated online commission, must have a card registered with The-Saleroom.com payment portal. If no contact is made within 7 days, payment will be automatically debited from the registered card.
Payments in person by credit or debit card are always welcome at our Bristol offices.
Sufficient opportunity for inspection is given. By making an offer for a lot, each buyer is deemed to have read all the Terms of Sale and to have verified the physical condition and accuracy of the description of the lot, including, but not limited to, whether the lot is damaged or repaired. We offer packing and shipping quotes for all items worldwide, visit eastbristol.co.uk for more information and prices. For a specific foreign offer, please contact us.
VAT: (*) indicates that the buyer pays VAT at the standard rate on the initial price and is also an integral part of the buyer's premium.
CONDITION REPORTS: (**) Detailed condition reports for all lots are available upon direct request to Saleroom
Shipping, handling and packaging available worldwide on all items. See www.eastbristol.co.uk for details
Terms of sale
East Bristol Auctions Ltd deals with bidders, buyers and anyone present in the auction room and online prior to or in connection with the sale subject to the following Terms and Conditions and any other terms, conditions and notices which may be incorporated by reference herein.
Under these conditions:
(a) 'Auctioneer' or 'we/us' means East Bristol Auctions Ltd or its authorized auctioneer, as the case may be;
(b) "Hammer Price" means the bidding level (at or above any reserve) reached when the auctioneer lifts the hammer;
(c) 'Despatch Terms' means the established terms and conditions and rates of commission under which East Bristol Auctions Ltd accepts instructions from sellers or their agents;
(d) 'Total Amount Due' means the lowest price in respect of the lot sold together with any premium. Value added tax and all additional fees paid by a customer who does not fulfill the obligations under these Terms;
(e) 'sales proceeds' means the net amount owed by us to the seller as the lowest price for the quantity sold less commission at the specified rate, value added tax and all other amounts due to us from the seller in whatever capacity and as they arise;
(f) "You", "Your" etc. means the customer as identified in Condition 2;
(g) The singular includes the plural and vice versa where applicable.
Information for customers
2. Bidding procedures and the buyer
(a) Bidders are required to comply with all security measures before entering the auction room to view or bid and to register their details immediately after purchasing their first lot of the day.
(b) The highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer conducting the sale will be the buyer at the opening price, and any bid dispute will be resolved at the auctioneer's absolute discretion by rebidding the lot during the auction or otherwise.
(c) Bidders are deemed to act as principals.
(d) Our right to bid on behalf of the seller is expressly reserved up to the amount of any reserve and we also reserve the right to reject any bid.
Bidding increments is at the auctioneer's discretion.
4. Purchase price
The buyer pays the base price together with a premium of 19% + VAT on the premium at the legally determined rate.
ARTIST'S RIGHT TO RESELL. Buyers of resold artwork from living artists will be charged royalties, if any. It's currently 4% on any item sold for €1,000 or more, with a reduction of around €50,000. VAT is not calculated. Additional details are available from our office.
5. Value added tax
VAT on the hammer price is legally calculated on all items marked with an asterisk. Value Added Tax will be charged at the applicable rate in force by law on the date of sale and shall be paid by purchasers of the relevant lots. (See 'Information for Buyers' for a brief explanation of the VAT position)
We accept payment over the phone and also offer a secure payment portal through our website for your security. Bidders who submit successful commission bids to us by phone or email should be aware that payment will be made through this service. Online bidders, live and through automated online commission, can also pay through these services. Under no circumstances will we accept credit card payments over £200, nor will we accept checks as a form of payment. Full payment terms can be found on your invoice.
(1) After the lot is sold, you will:
(a) If requested, provide us with proof of identity and
(b) Pay us the total amount due if or otherwise as agreed by us.
(2) We may apply any payments made by you to us against any sums owing to us on any account, notwithstanding any instructions by you or your agent, express or implied.
7. Title and Collection of Purchases
Sufficient opportunity for inspection is given. By making an offer for a lot, each buyer is deemed to have read all the Terms of Sale and to have verified the physical condition and accuracy of the description of the lot, including, but not limited to, whether the lot is damaged or repaired. No refunds will be made on any lot for matters arising from the state.
Collection of winning lots from our auction room must take place within 5 working days of the sale date, unless strictly agreed in writing in advance. Please note that we do not have the capacity to store items for customers after this period without prior approval. Unclaimed items will be charged a storage fee of £5 per item per day after the 5th working day. By agreeing to bid with us, you agree to these terms and we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to charge for storage via credit/debit card on file, or at customer pickup, or by phone to release to carriers. If the value of the storage costs exceeds the value of the lot's purchase price and/or the low estimate, we, the auctioneer, take ownership of the lot(s) to offset the storage costs.
(1) Ownership of the purchased plots passes to you only after you have paid us the total amount in full.
(2) You must, at your own risk and expense, remove all parts you have purchased and paid for no later than five business days after the day of the auction, after which you will be responsible for all removal, storage and insurance costs.
(3) No purchase can be claimed or removed until paid for.
8. Remedies for non-payment or non-payment
(1) If the lot is not paid for in full and is confiscated in accordance with these Terms or if there is any other violation of these Terms, we as the seller's agent will, at our discretion and without prejudice to any other rights, may be entitled to exercise all or any of the following rights and remedies:
(a) To claim damages against you for breach of contract;
(b) To revoke the sale of that plot and/or other plots that we sold to you;
(c) resell the Lot (by auction or private treaty), in which case you will be liable for any resulting shortfall in the total amount owed (after crediting the partial payment and adding any resale costs). Any surplus that arises in this way belongs to the seller;
(d) Remove, store and secure the Lot at your cost and, in the case of storage, at our premises or elsewhere at a cost of £5 per Lot per day;
(e) To deduct these charges from any registered credit or debit card submitted for registration at the time of the auction
(f) hold that or any other Lot sold to you until you have paid the total amount due;
(g) To reject or ignore bids from you or your agent in future auctions or to impose conditions before such bids are accepted;
(h) apply any proceeds from the sale of other parcels belonging to you or which may become due in the future to satisfy the total amount owed and to exercise a lien for any purpose on any property of yours in our possession.
(2) We, as the seller's agent and on our own behalf, will seek these rights and remedies only to the extent reasonable to obtain an adequate remedy in respect of any breach of these terms.
9. Liability towards third parties
All members of the public on our property are there at their own risk and should familiarize themselves with the accommodation layout and safety features. Accordingly, neither the auctioneer nor our employees or agents shall be liable for death or personal injury (except as required by law due to our negligence) or the like for the safety of the property of any person visiting before or during the sale.
10. Commission offers
Although prospective buyers are strongly advised to attend the auction in person or via the online bidding platform and are always responsible for any decision to bid on a particular lot and it is believed that we have carefully inspected and satisfied its condition, if so we are clearly advised in writing make bids on their behalf. Neither the auctioneer nor our employees or agents are liable for any negligence or failure to do so or fail to do so. If two or more commission offers are recorded at the same level, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to give priority to the first offer so made.
11. Warranty of ownership and availability
The seller warrants to the auctioneer and to you that the seller is the true owner of the property given in the consignment or that the property is authorized by the true owner to be offered for sale and is capable of obtaining good and negotiable title to the property, free of third party claims.
The auctioneer usually acts only as an agent and disclaims any responsibility for the failure of the seller or buyer.
(1) Although we strive to accurately describe the series, it may be impractical for us to conduct extensive in-depth analysis of each series. Prospective buyers will be given ample opportunity to inspect, inspect and request written state records prior to any sale and they (and any independent experts on their behalf) must satisfy themselves that the description applied to the lot is correct. Prospective buyers also make offers with the understanding that any statements or representations made by us regarding authorship, authenticity, provenance, date, age, provenance, condition, size or estimated retail price are inevitably a matter of opinion. Neither we, the auctioneer, nor our employees or agents, nor the seller accept any responsibility for the accuracy of such opinions and all conditions and warranties, whether as to the description, condition, size or quality of the lots, whether express, implied or statutory, and hereby excluded. All parts remain sold entirely 'as is' - regardless of any description, and no refunds will be given for parts where condition issues arise.
(2) A private sale according to these Terms and Conditions is considered an auction sale in terms of consumer rights.
(3) Electrical Items - All electrical items (including but not limited to lamps, toys, furniture, etc.) are sold ONLY as decorative "antique" or "curio" items and may only be used after being inspected by a qualified electrician/ expert examine the item for safety. East Bristol Auctions and its agents are not responsible for any injury, damage or loss associated with the use of electrical items. Based on trading standards guidelines, plugs, cables and power cords are removed prior to sale. No warranties or similar are implied or given regarding the performance of any electrical item.
(4) Sizes and measurements - all measurements or sizes given should be taken as 'approximate' where stated and buyers are specifically requested to check that the sizes match their expectations before bidding.
14. Online bidding
East Bristol Auctions Ltd. offers catalogs on multiple websites for online bidding. Each of these sites charges a different fee for this service and all potential bidders are requested to determine these fees at each site.
When completing the bidder's registration at www.the-saleroom.com and providing card information, and if with East Bristol Auctions Ltd. no alternative arrangements have been agreed upon:
1. East Bristol Auctions Ltd. authorize, if they wish, to charge the given card in part or in full, including all fees, for items successfully purchased at auction through the-saleroom.com or any other website, and
2. confirm that you are authorized to provide these card details to East Bristol Auctions Ltd. via www.the-saleroom.com (or any other website) and you agree that East Bristol Auctions Ltd. has the right to ship the goods to the name of the cardholder and the cardholder's address that he provided when completing the sale.
15. When you are antivirus
Under Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations, East Bristol Auctions are required to provide an appropriate ID to HMRC when dealing in excess of £10,000. This is to prove that all buyers who wish to purchase quality items at East Bristol Auctions are who they say they are.
Buyers registering to bid via Saleroom.com and East Bristol Auctions own website will first register to bid by entering their email address (subject to verification), current residential address along with a valid debit or credit card with matching details to confirm your identity and to protect us from theft and fraud, in accordance with anti-money laundering laws. Successful bidders for items over £10,000 bidding online will receive an email after purchase asking them to do so, detailing the type of documents we can accept. Please note that in some cases, if we are unable to confirm your identity as a bidder for items worth more than £10,000, we may not be able to process your bid and as a result it may be cancelled. Once we've verified your identity, we'll notify you by email.
Buyers making telephone bid requests and pre-auction commission bids are also subject to the above requirements and pre-bid document requirements, thereby complying with East Bristol Auctions and current anti-money laundering regulations.
East Bristol Auctions is required by law to meet current compliance requirements, for example under HMRC UK AML (Anti-Money Laundering) laws or individual country customs laws and regulations, and to disclose this information