Information about the sales area
SALE STARTS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT 10 AM Invoices are emailed to all successful customers immediately after the sale. Please do not contact us for payment while the sale is in progress.
Estimates: these figures do not include the 21% purchase premium and VAT (total approx. 25.2%);
Invoices are emailed to all successful customers immediately after the sale. Please do not contact us for payment while the sale is in progress.
Live online bidding:available via the-saleroom.com**Please note this is subject to an additional charge of 4.95% plus VAT
Premium for the customer: Chilcotts charge a purchase premium of 19.5%
or £1.00 per lot, whichever is greater, plus VAT.
Payment: Chilcotts accepts payment by cash, bank transfer, credit and debit cards; for card payments over the phone we only accept payments up to a value of £500, there is no limit if you pay in person by chip and pin. .
Sale during this auction:
***Subject to government restrictions related to Covid-19:
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
The saleroom is open until 18:00 on the day of the sale so that later lots can be sold.
An important note: Porters will be available to assist on Monday 12th June, Tuesday 13th June and Thursday 16th June, Monday 19th June.
Please pay and complete your purchases before Monday, June 19; per lot, per day, lots not cleared are subject to a charge of £2.00 plus VAT.
All weights and measurements in this catalog are approximate.
Colored Gemstones - It is not possible for Chilcotts to obtain gemological reports on stones for sale in our auctions.
Prospective buyers must check the weight, dimensions and condition of all parts sold.
ARR (Artist Resale Rights) list of works to which this applies can be found on Extra Lot/Amendment
Complete sales conditions on our website and in the printed catalog.
Chilcotts Auctioneers Ltd.
Terms of sale
Based on SOFAA and RICS recommended terms of sale
INFORMATION FOR BUYERS
1. Introduction.The following informative notes are intended to help customers, especially those who have no experience or are new to our showrooms. All sales are made on the basis of our printed conditions of sale which are immediately available for review and usually accompany the catalogues. Our employees will be happy to help you if you don't fully understand something.
2. Agency.As auctioneers, we usually act as agents for the seller whose identity, due to confidentiality, is usually not disclosed. Therefore, if you are buying, your primary contract is with the seller.
3. Estimates.Appraisals are designed to help buyers estimate what amount might be involved in purchasing a particular property. The lower estimate may represent the reserve price and will certainly not be below it. Estimates do not include buyer's premium or VAT (if applicable). Estimates are prepared some time before the sale and are subject to change by pre-sale announcement. They are by no means final.
4. Buyer's premium.The terms of sale require buyers to pay a premiumwhich is 21%at the lowest price of each purchased lot. Moreover, VAT is included in this premium (see below).
5. BTW.(*) indicates that the buyer must pay VAT at the standard rate (currently 20%) on the initial price and that this is part of the buyer's premium. This amount of VAT is likely to be due to the seller being VAT registered in the European Union and not operating under a trade markup scheme or due to VAT being payable at the rate of 20% on imports into the UK. The double symbol (**) indicates that the lot was imported from outside the European Union and the current state of affairs is that these lots are subject to a reduced rate of VAT (5%) on the gross price of the lot (ie both hammer price and buyer's premium). Lots appearing without any of the above symbols indicate that VAT is not payable on the starting price. This is because such lots are sold using the Auctioneer's Margin Scheme and it should be noted that the VAT included in the premium cannot be reclaimed as input tax.
6.We are primarily an intermediary for the seller. We rely on the information provided by the seller and although we can inspect the lots and act reasonably to make an overall assessment of them, we are not usually able to undertake a detailed or any inspection of the lots. done to determine their condition in a way that would be careful for the customer. Prospective buyers have ample opportunity to inspect the goods and therefore accept responsibility for inspecting and examining lots in which they may be interested. Pay special attention to the exclusion of responsibility for the condition of the plots in the Terms of Sale. Neither the seller nor we as auctioneers take responsibility for their condition. In particular, mechanical items of any age are not guaranteed to be in good condition. However, to the extent that we have inspected the goods and made a statement as to their condition, we are responsible for any defect which should have been disclosed to the auctioneer in that inspection, but which would not have been disclosed to the buyer if the buyer had examined it. goods. In addition, lots that have been wrongly described as 'deliberate counterfeits' can be returned in certain circumstances and refunded. There is a period of 3 weeks. (The term 'deliberate counterfeiting' is defined in our terms of sale).
7. Electric edge.These are only sold as 'vintage' and if bought for use should first be checked by a qualified electrician to be safe.
8. Export of goods.Buyers intending to export goods should check (a) whether an export permit is required and (b) whether there is a specific ban on the import of such goods because, e.g. may contain prohibited materials, such as ivory. Ask us if you need help.
9. Bidding.Bidders may be required to register prior to the start of the sale and lots will be billed to the name and address on the registration form. If you are unknown to us, we may require some form of identification. Please inquire in advance about our telephone bidding arrangement.
10. Offer with commission.Commission bids may be left to auctioneers stating the maximum bid amount, excluding the buyer's premium. They will be performed as cheaply as possible, taking into account the reserve (if any) and competitive offers. If two buyers make identical commission bids, the auctioneers may give priority to the first bid received. Please inquire in advance by phone or fax about our arrangements for leaving commission offers.
11. Methods of payment.As a general rule, all checks presented must be cleared before goods are allowed to be removed. Please check with our office before the sale if other payment methods are considered (other than cash).
12. Collection and storage.Pay attention to what is written in the Terms of Sale about collection and storage. It is important that the goods are paid for and collected quickly. Any delay may result in the customer having to pay storage charges.
(4) TERMS OF SALE
Chilcotts deals with bidders, buyers and all participants in the auction room prior to or in connection with the sale subject to the following terms and conditions and any other terms, conditions and notices which may be incorporated by reference herein.
Under these conditions:
(a) "Auctioneer" means Chilcotts Auctioneers Ltd trading as "Chilcotts" or its authorized auctioneer, as the case may be;
(b) "deliberate counterfeit" means an imitation made with the intention of misleading as to authorship, origin, date, age, period, culture or source, but which is unambiguously described in a catalog as the work of a particular maker and which at the date of sale had a material a lower value than it would have been had it been in accordance with the description;
(c) "hammer price" means the bid level (at or above any reserve) reached when the auctioneer lifts the hammer;
(d) "Consignment Terms" means the agreed terms and commission rates under which Chilcotts accepts instructions from Sellers or their agents;
(e) "total amount due" means the sale price in respect of the plot sold together with all premiums due, value added tax and any additional charges payable by the defaulting purchaser under these conditions;
(f) "proceeds of sale" means the net amount owed by us to the seller as the lowest price of the lot sold less commission at the stated rate, VAT due and all other amounts due to us from the seller in whatever capacity and as they arise;
(g) "You", "Your" etc. refers to the customer as identified in Condition 2.
(h) The singular includes the plural and vice versa where appropriate.
- 2.THE TENDER AND THE BUYER
(a) Bidders are required to register their information prior to bidding and comply with all security measures prior to entering the auction room to view or bid;
(b) the highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer conducting the sale is the buyer at the sale price and any bid dispute will be resolved at the auctioneer's sole discretion by relisting the lot during the auction or otherwise. The Auctioneer will act reasonably in exercising this discretion.
(c) Bidders are deemed to act as principals.
(2) Our right to bid on behalf of the seller is expressly reserved up to the amount of any reserve, and the right to reject the bid is also reserved.
- 3.TO INCREASE
Bidding increments is at the auctioneer's discretion.
- 4.PURCHASE PRICE
The buyer pays the strike price together with a premium of 19.5% [or incrementally] including VAT on the premium at the statutory rate, so a total of about 23.4%.
BUYER'S PREMIUM - This lot carries a buyer's premium of 21%, or £1.00 per lot, whichever is greater, plus 20% VAT.
Lots purchased online through the-saleroom.com will incur an additional charge for this service of 4.95% of the starting price plus VAT at the imposed rate
- 5.TAX VALUE ADDED
Value added tax on the price of the hammer is required by law for all items marked with an asterisk or double asterisk. Value Added Tax will be charged at the applicable rate in force by law on the date of sale and shall be paid by purchasers of the relevant lots. (See "Information for Buyers" for a brief explanation of the VAT position).
(1) After the lot is sold, you will:
(a) provide us with proof of identity if requested, and
(b) pay us the total amount owed by cash, BACS, debit or credit card or as otherwise agreed with us.
(2) Any payments made by you to us may be set off by us against any amount due to us from any account, notwithstanding any instructions from you or your agent, express or implied.
- 7.OWNERSHIP AND PURCHASE PAYMENT
(1) Ownership of the purchased plots passes to you only after you have paid us the total amount in full.
(2) You must, at your own risk and expense, return all purchased and paid lots no later than3on working days from the day of the auctionor upon payment of the check used for paymentafter which you will be responsible for all removal, storage and insurance costs.
(3) No purchase can be claimed or removed until paid for.
- 8.REMEDIES FOR NON-PAYMENT OR NON-COLLECTION OF PURCHASE
(1) If the lot has not been paid in full and has been removed in accordance with these conditions
Terms or if there is any other breach of these Terms, we, as the seller's agentand in our name, in our sole discretion and without prejudice to any other rights we may have, we have the right to exercise one or more of the following rights and remedies:
(a) to claim damages against you for breach of contract;
(b) cancel the sale of that plot and/or other plots that we have sold to you;
(c) resell the Lot (by auction or private treaty), in which case you will be liable for any resulting shortfall in the total amount owed (after crediting the partial payment and adding any resale costs). Any surplus that arises in this way belongs to the seller;
(d) remove, store and secure the Lot at your expense and, in the case of storage, with us or elsewhere;
(e) charge interest at a rate not exceeding1.5% per monthto the total amount due to the extent that it exceeds3working days after the sale;
(f) hold that or any other Lot sold to you until you have paid the total amount due;
(g) to reject or ignore bids from you or your agent in future auctions or to impose conditions on the acceptance of such bids;
(h) use any proceeds from the sale of other plots which are or may be due to you in settlement of the total amount owed and exercise the right to retain (which is the right to possess) your property in our possession for any purpose until the debt is settled.
(2)We, as the seller's representative and on our own behalf, will exercise these rights
and only remedies to the extent that a reasonable recovery is possible
compliance with violations of these terms
- 9.LIABILITY TO THIRD PARTIES
All members of the public on our property are there at their own risk and should familiarize themselves with the accommodation layout and safety features. Accordingly, neither the auctioneer nor our employees or agents shall be liable for death or personal injury (except as required by law due to our negligence) or the like for the safety of the property of any person visiting before or during the sale.
Although prospective buyers are strongly advised to attend the auction and are always responsible for any decision to bid on a particular lot, and are assumed to have carefully inspected and satisfied themselves of its condition, we will, if we receive clear and written instructions, make bids on their behalf. Neither the auctioneer nor our employees or agents are liable for any failure to comply, unless unreasonable. If two or more commission offers are recorded at the same level, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to give priority to the first offer so made.
11.WARRANTY OF OWNERSHIP AND AVAILABILITY
The seller warrants to the auctioneer and to you that the seller is the true owner of the consigned goods or is duly authorized by the true owner to offer them for sale and is capable of transferring good and negotiable title. transfer ownership, without third party claims.
The auctioneer usually acts only as an agent and disclaims any responsibility for the failure of the seller or buyer.
13.TERMS OF SALE
The seller confirms that the lots are sold under the full terms of these Terms and Conditions of Shipment as communicated to the consignor at the time the lot is entered.
14.DESCRIPTIONS AND CONDITION
(1) Although we strive to accurately describe the series, it may be impractical for us to conduct extensive in-depth analysis of each series. Potential buyers are given
adequate opportunities for inspection and inspection prior to any sale and they (and any independent experts on their behalf) must satisfy themselves that the description applied to the lot is correct. Prospective buyers also bid with the understanding that any statements or representations made by us regarding authorship, authenticity, provenance, date, age, provenance, condition or estimated retail price are inevitably a matter of opinion. We undertake that any such opinion will be fair and reasonable and accept responsibility for opinions expressed negligently or fraudulently. Subject to the foregoing, neither we, the auctioneer, nor our employees or agents, nor the seller accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any such opinion and all conditions and warranties, whether as to the description, condition or quality of the lots, whether express or implied , implied or statutory, are hereby excluded. This Terms is subject to the following Terms relating to willful counterfeiting and shall be applied in accordance with the provisions of section 6 "customer information".
(2) A private sale according to these Terms and Conditions is considered an auction sale in terms of consumer rights.
Notwithstanding the above conditions, any Lot found to be an intentional counterfeit (as defined) may be returned within21 andauction, provided that it is in the same condition as when purchased and accompanied by identifying information from the corresponding catalog description and a written statement of defects. If, based on the evidence presented, we are satisfied that the Lot is a deliberate forgery, we will refund the money you paid for the Lot, including any buyer's premium, provided that (1) the catalog description reflects the accepted opinion of scholars and experts at the date of sale; or (2) you personally are unable to transfer good and negotiable title to us, you have no rights under this condition.
The right of return provided for in these Terms is in addition to any right or remedy provided by law or these Terms of Sale.
16. We have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse any person entry to our premises or participation in our auctions.
17 (1) any right to recover losses, liabilities and expenses incurred in connection with and as a result of a breach of these Terms and all exclusions set forth herein shall be available to the seller and/or the auctioneer, as the case may be.
(2). Such rights and exclusions extend to and shall be deemed to
for the benefit of employees and agents of the seller and/or auctioneer who
I can force myself.
18. Any notice to a buyer, seller, bidder or viewer may be sent by first class mail, in which case it shall be deemed to have been received by the recipient 48 hours after posting.
19. Special terms may be used in the catalog descriptions of certain types of items, in which case the descriptions should be interpreted in accordance with any glossary at the beginning of the catalog.
20. Any concession made by us to bidders, buyers or sellers, notwithstanding the strict provisions of these Terms or Conditions of Delivery, will only affect the position at the relevant time and only in relation to that particular concession; in all other respects, these Terms shall be deemed to be in full force and effect.
21.AVERAGE– see the company's separate privacy statement.
22. The interpretation of these Terms and Conditions is governed by English law.
Chilcotts Auctioneers Ltd.
De Dolphin Saleroom
115 High Street
Tel: 01404 47783
NB. Bids can be emailed to email@example.com or telephoned on 01404 47783 or 07966 901391 to contact us before 10am on the day of the sale. Auctioneers cannot be held responsible for commission bids not received due to delay or technological failure.